Welcome to our ultimate guide to One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT, where we’ll share our personal experiences and insider tips to help you make the most of your visit to this iconic New York City attraction. Our passion for travel has led us to explore every nook and cranny of this incredible observatory, and we can’t wait to share all of our findings with you. So, buckle up, dear reader, and get ready for a journey filled with breathtaking views, immersive experiences, and some candid advice on what to expect during your visit.
Update August 7: SUMMIT ASCENT (outside lift), the elevator experience remains closed (see below).
Best Way to buy tickets
We recommend ordering tickets through GetYourGuide.com. Unlike tickets sold directly by SUMMIT you get:
Welcome to the Ultimate Guide to One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT
Welcome to our ultimate guide to One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT! We’re excited to share with you a first-hand look at this amazing New York City attraction. We understand that finding reliable information about this breathtaking observatory can be a challenge. Social media platforms are filled with stunning Instagram-worthy photos, reels, and TikToks showcasing the beauty of SUMMIT, but these don’t always provide practical information for planning your visit. The official website offers limited details, which can leave potential visitors with more questions than answers.
That’s where we come in. We’ve created this comprehensive guide to help you navigate the ins and outs of One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT. From the incredible views to the unique experiences offered, we’ve covered everything you need to know to make your visit truly unforgettable. We’ll provide you with useful information, insider tips, and candid opinions to ensure that you get the most out of your experience.
A First-Hand Experience of New York City's Sky-High Wonder
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT is more than just an observatory; it’s an immersive experience that combines art, technology, and jaw-dropping views of the iconic Manhattan skyline. From the moment you step inside this architectural marvel, you’ll be transported to a world of wonder and enchantment. With floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing panoramic vistas and cutting-edge installations that celebrate the spirit of New York City, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt promises an unforgettable adventure in the clouds.
Your Guide to Navigating One Vanderbilt's Attractions
Navigating One Vanderbilt can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the various experiences and attractions offered at SUMMIT, ensuring you make the most of your visit. From the main observatory to the thrilling SUMMIT Ascent, we’ll cover it all, providing insider tips and candid opinions along the way.
Good to know
The Main Attraction: SUMMIT One Vanderbilt
SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is the main attraction where all the experiences are housed, except for the unique elevator experience, known as ASCENT, which takes place outside of the building. This remarkable destination offers a variety of interactive and immersive experiences that capture the essence of New York City and provide stunning photo opportunities. At SUMMIT, you’ll find yourself immersed in a world of art, technology, and awe-inspiring views that showcase the best of the Big Apple. Spread across three levels, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is designed to challenge, inspire, and thrill visitors, making it an unforgettable experience for everyone.
The Towering Observatory with a View to Remember
The view from SUMMIT is nothing short of breathtaking. From this vantage point, you can see all the other observatory decks in the city, such as the Empire State Building, The Edge, One World Observatory, and Top of the Rock. The observatory provides an intense experience with plenty of Instagram-worthy moments, both indoors and outdoors. As you explore the space, you’ll encounter a range of captivating attractions that cater to different interests. The combination of the indoor observatory and outdoor terrace allows visitors to fully appreciate the magnificent views of New York City from every angle.
Interactive Exhibits and Insta-Worthy Moments at SUMMIT
At SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, visitors can expect a wide range of interactive experiences and immersive installations. To give you an idea of what awaits you at SUMMIT, here’s a table outlining the different experiences available:
|Air: Transcendence 1 & 2||A structureless world of reflection created by artist Kenzo Digital, with its own relationship to physics and time.|
|Air: Affinity & Unity||An interactive and playful experience where you connect physically to the space and see your face take form in the clouds.|
|Air at Night (Beacon Mode)||As the sun sets, dramatic waves of color electrify the space, making SUMMIT visible to all of New York City.|
|Levitation||Two glass ledges suspended 1,100 feet above Madison Avenue for heart-racing views of the city.|
|Reflect||A shape-shifting visual immersion by artist Yayoi Kusama.|
|Après||A Nordic-style café by Snohetta offering curated food and cocktails surrounded by incredible views.|
|Terrace||An outdoor viewing spot to take in the views for up to 80 miles while enjoying your NYC immersive experience.|
The Line Situation: An Honest Take on the Queue Experience
With timed-entry tickets, lines at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt are generally manageable. However, around sunset, things can get extremely busy, with people waiting for extended periods to catch the stunning views. Tickets can sell out, especially during peak hours, so we recommend booking them early to secure your spot. By planning ahead and being prepared for possible wait times, you can maximize your enjoyment of this incredible attraction.
Recommendation: Book your tickets to One Vanderbilt SUMMIT in advance! Skip the hours around sunset – the crowds are crazy. For a sunset experience we recommend visiting another New York City Observatory Deck.
SUMMIT Ascent: What is it? Is it worth it?
SUMMIT Ascent is an extra experience offered within One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT. It provides visitors with an exhilarating ride in the world’s largest external glass-bottomed elevator. This thrilling elevator experience elevates you even higher than the main observatory, offering unparalleled views of downtown Manhattan.
As a separate add-on to the main SUMMIT experience, the Ascent elevator ride may not be for everyone, especially considering its additional cost. While the views are undeniably breathtaking, some may argue that the main observatory already offers stunning vistas of the city. Furthermore, the high price of tickets for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt might make some visitors think twice about whether the Ascent experience is worth the extra expense. In conclusion, while the SUMMIT Ascent is a unique and thrilling experience, its value is subjective and depends on individual preferences and budget.
Good to know: You don’t need to decide about SUMMIT Ascent before you go. Tickets are sold on the spot. It might not be worth it, if you have to wait in line for an hour or more.
Is the Ascent Worth the Price of Admission?
Before you decide to invest in the extra-cost SUMMIT Ascent experience, it’s essential to weigh the pros and cons to determine if it’s worth the additional expense. We’ve compiled a list of the advantages and disadvantages to help you make an informed decision.
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Extra-Cost Experience
- Unique and exhilarating: The Ascent offers a one-of-a-kind experience that you won’t find anywhere else, with a ride on the world’s largest external glass-bottomed elevator.
- Unparalleled views: The Ascent elevates you even higher than the main observatory, providing stunning views of downtown Manhattan that are hard to beat.
- Exclusive experience: As an add-on to the main SUMMIT experience, the Ascent provides an exclusive opportunity to enjoy a thrilling and memorable moment during your visit to One Vanderbilt.
- Additional cost: The Ascent experience comes at an extra cost, which might be a deterrent for some visitors, especially considering the already high price of tickets for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt.
- Limited duration: The ride in the Ascent elevator is relatively short, which might make some visitors question whether it’s worth the extra expense.
- Main observatory views: The main observatory at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt already offers impressive views of New York City, so some visitors might feel that the Ascent experience doesn’t add significant value to their overall experience.
In summary, the decision to invest in the SUMMIT Ascent experience ultimately depends on your personal preferences, priorities, and budget. While the Ascent offers a unique and thrilling ride with unparalleled views of Manhattan, it comes at an additional cost that might not be worth it for everyone. Consider the pros and cons carefully before deciding whether the Ascent is a must-do for your visit to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt.
The Ultimate SUMMIT Experience: A Closer Look
The Ultimate SUMMIT Experience is an exclusive package offered through the official website that aims to elevate your visit to One Vanderbilt. It includes a regular timed entrance ticket to SUMMIT, a fast track pass for the elevator ride to bypass the long queues, and a cocktail.
What you get with the Ulimate SUMMIT Experience:
- Regular timed-entry ticket
- Entrance to SUMMIT Ascent (Outside elevator).
- A cocktail at one of the bars within One Vanderbilt SUMMIT.
The Not-So-Stellar Cocktail Experience: Our Honest Opinion
While the Ultimate SUMMIT Experience sounds enticing, there are a few drawbacks that might not make it worth the extra investment. The package is not clearly explained on-site, and you receive a wristband like all the other visitors. The only difference is that your wristband includes some additional perks, but you’re left to figure things out yourself.
When it comes to redeeming your cocktail, the process can be confusing. You need to approach the bar and select a drink that’s covered by your voucher. However, the voucher only covers a small discount on premium drinks, and if you choose a cheaper drink, you might actually lose money. Also, the Ascent experience can be purchased separately on the spot, without committing to the Ultimate Experience.
In conclusion, while the Ultimate SUMMIT Experience has its appeal, the lack of clear communication and potential for confusion make it less attractive. We recommend considering the individual experiences available and deciding on the ones that are most valuable to you, rather than opting for the Ultimate Experience package.
Tips and Tricks for Visiting One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT
To make the most of your visit to One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT, we’ve gathered some tips and tricks that will help you navigate the attraction more smoothly and ensure a memorable experience. These suggestions will help you determine the best times to visit, avoid long lines, and even explore nearby attractions and eateries.
Best Times to Visit for Shorter Lines and Better Views
While SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is open all year round, the best times to visit are during weekdays and non-peak hours. Mornings are generally less crowded, allowing you to enjoy the views without much hassle. If you’re aiming for the perfect sunset view, try to book your tickets well in advance and arrive at least an hour before the sun sets to secure a good spot.
Keep in mind that weekends and holidays tend to be busier, so if you can, plan your visit on a weekday to avoid large crowds. Visiting during the off-peak season (January through March and October through November) may also result in shorter lines and a more relaxed atmosphere.
Nearby Attractions and Eateries for a Well-Rounded NYC Day
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, close to a variety of attractions and dining options. After your visit to SUMMIT, consider exploring some of these nearby attractions:
- Grand Central Terminal: Just a stone’s throw away from One Vanderbilt, Grand Central Terminal is an iconic New York landmark with beautiful architecture, shops, and dining options.
- Bryant Park: A short walk from SUMMIT, this lovely park offers a peaceful green space in the heart of the city, with seasonal events like ice skating in the winter and outdoor movies in the summer.
- New York Public Library: Located next to Bryant Park, the New York Public Library is a must-visit for its stunning architecture, historical exhibits, and serene reading rooms.
For a bite to eat, consider trying out these nearby eateries:
- Great Northern Food Hall: Inside Grand Central Terminal, this Nordic-inspired food hall offers a variety of delicious options, from smørrebrød to Danish pastries.
- Shake Shack: A popular New York burger joint, Shake Shack is just a short walk from SUMMIT and offers mouth-watering burgers, fries, and shakes.
- Urbanspace Vanderbilt: Close to One Vanderbilt, this food hall features a wide variety of vendors, with options ranging from pizza and tacos to ramen and lobster rolls.
By combining your visit to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt with some of these nearby attractions and eateries, you’ll be able to create a well-rounded, unforgettable day in New York City.
One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT Tickets and Pricing
Navigating the ticket options for One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT can be a bit overwhelming, but we’re here to help you understand the different choices and make an informed decision. With a variety of ticket options available, you can tailor your visit to your preferences and budget.
Understanding the Different Ticket Options
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT offers three main ticket options to cater to different preferences and budgets:
- Regular entrance (SUMMIT): This option provides access to the main SUMMIT experience, including the observatory, interactive exhibits, and terrace.
- Regular entrance + Ascent (outside lift): In addition to the main SUMMIT experience, this option includes the thrilling Ascent ride, which takes you even higher for a unique view of the city.
- Regular entrance + Ascent + cocktail (named Ultimate): This package combines the main SUMMIT experience, the Ascent ride, and a cocktail for a complete experience.
Here’s a table outlining the different ticket options:
|Regular entrance (SUMMIT)||Observatory, interactive exhibits, terrace|
|+ Ascent (outside lift)||Observatory, interactive exhibits, terrace, Ascent ride|
|+ cocktail (Ultimate)||Observatory, interactive exhibits, terrace, Ascent ride, cocktail|
We recommend buying tickets through GetYourGuide, as they offer a user-friendly platform and excellent customer service.
How timed-entry works at One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT
To manage the flow of visitors and ensure a pleasant experience for everyone, One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT uses a timed-entry system. This means that you must select a specific time slot when purchasing your ticket, and you can only enter the attraction during that time.
It’s crucial to buy your tickets in advance, as they can sell out, especially during peak seasons and sunset hours. By purchasing your tickets ahead of time, you can secure your preferred time slot and avoid disappointment. Once inside, you can stay as long as you like, enjoying the views and attractions at your own pace.
Getting to One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT is conveniently located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, making it easily accessible by various transportation options. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, reaching this iconic attraction is a breeze.
Public Transportation Options: Subway, Bus, and More
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT is just steps away from Grand Central Terminal, which is served by multiple subway lines and buses. Here are some options for reaching One Vanderbilt using public transportation:
- Subway: Take the 4, 5, 6, 7, or S (Shuttle) trains to Grand Central-42nd Street station. Once you exit the station, you’ll find the entrance to One Vanderbilt within the Main Concourse of Grand Central Terminal.
- Bus: Numerous city buses stop near One Vanderbilt, including the M42, M101, M102, M103, and Q32 routes. Check the MTA website for specific bus stop locations and schedules.
- Metro-North Railroad: If you’re coming from the northern suburbs or parts of Connecticut, you can take the Metro-North Railroad to Grand Central Terminal.
Parking Near One Vanderbilt: Tips and Recommendations
If you prefer to drive to One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT, you’ll need to find parking in the area. While parking in Midtown Manhattan can be challenging and expensive, here are some tips and recommendations to help you find a spot:
- Parking Garages: Numerous parking garages are available within a few blocks of One Vanderbilt. Rates can vary significantly, so it’s a good idea to compare prices and book in advance using parking apps like SpotHero or ParkWhiz.
- Street Parking: Limited metered street parking is available in the area, but finding an open spot can be difficult. Make sure to read the posted signs carefully to avoid parking violations or towing.
- Consider Park-and-Ride: If you’re not staying in Manhattan, you might want to consider parking at a transit hub outside the city and taking public transportation to One Vanderbilt. This option can save you time and money compared to parking in Midtown.
Comparing One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT to Other NYC Observatories
New York City is home to several iconic observatories, each offering its own unique experience and breathtaking views. If you’re wondering how One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT compares to other popular observatories like the Empire State Building, One World Observatory, and Top of the Rock, this section is for you.
SUMMIT vs. Empire State Building: A Battle of the Views
One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT and the Empire State Building are both must-see observatories in NYC. Here’s a comparison to help you decide which one to visit:
- Views: Both observatories offer stunning panoramic views of the city. However, SUMMIT provides a closer look at the Chrysler Building and the East River, while the Empire State Building offers a more central vantage point with views of both the Hudson and East Rivers.
- Experiences: SUMMIT boasts interactive exhibits and immersive art installations, whereas the Empire State Building has a more traditional observatory experience.
- Lines and Crowds: SUMMIT’s timed-entry system can help control crowds, while the Empire State Building is often busier, particularly during peak hours.
- Ticket Prices: Prices are comparable, but the Empire State Building may have more options for combo tickets with other attractions.
One World Observatory and Top of the Rock: How They Stack Up
One World Observatory and Top of the Rock are two more fantastic observatories in NYC. Here’s how they compare to SUMMIT:
- Views: One World Observatory, located at One World Trade Center, offers sweeping views of Lower Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and Brooklyn, while Top of the Rock, at Rockefeller Center, provides a clear view of Central Park and the Empire State Building. SUMMIT, on the other hand, showcases the Chrysler Building, the East River, and Midtown Manhattan.
- Experiences: One World Observatory has a high-tech, multimedia experience, while Top of the Rock features a more traditional observatory layout with multiple viewing decks. SUMMIT focuses on immersive art installations and interactive experiences.
- Lines and Crowds: Top of the Rock and One World Observatory can also get crowded, but they generally manage visitor flow well. SUMMIT’s timed-entry system can help reduce wait times and manage crowds.
- Ticket Prices: All three observatories have similar pricing, but there may be differences in add-on experiences and combo ticket options.
Ultimately, each observatory offers a unique perspective on New York City. If you have the time, consider visiting more than one to fully appreciate the city’s incredible skyline.
The History and Architecture of One Vanderbilt
One Vanderbilt is a modern marvel located in the heart of Manhattan’s bustling Midtown district. From concept to completion, the building’s story is one of determination and innovation. Developed by SL Green Realty Corp, the tower rises 1,401 feet high and spans over 1.7 million square feet, making it one of the tallest and largest office buildings in New York City. The tower’s impressive architecture boasts a sleek and modern design with a shimmering glass façade that reflects the surrounding skyline. Visitors can marvel at the building’s unique features, such as the grand entrance with a soaring 55-foot ceiling, the breathtaking observation deck on the 58th floor, and the stunning Skybox on the 77th floor. With its unparalleled views and exceptional design, One Vanderbilt is a true architectural masterpiece.
From Concept to Completion: The Story Behind the Tower
One Vanderbilt’s journey from concept to completion is a story of perseverance and innovation. Here are some of the key highlights of the building’s development:
- The idea for One Vanderbilt was first conceived in 2006, but the project was put on hold due to the 2008 financial crisis.
- In 2012, SL Green Realty Corp, a New York-based real estate investment trust, acquired the site and began planning for a new tower.
- The design process involved a collaboration between SL Green and award-winning architectural firm Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF).
- The tower’s design was inspired by iconic New York buildings such as the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building, and incorporates modern features such as a high-performance glass façade and advanced energy-efficient systems.
- The construction process was no small feat, with over 1,000 workers involved in the project at its peak.
- The tower’s unique design required the use of innovative construction techniques, including a custom-built crane that could lift materials to the building’s highest floors.
- One Vanderbilt officially opened in 2020, and has since become a new landmark in the Manhattan skyline.
- The building has been recognized for its exceptional design and sustainability features, including LEED Gold certification and an impressive energy efficiency rating.
From start to finish, One Vanderbilt’s development has been a testament to the power of perseverance and collaboration, resulting in an iconic tower that is sure to stand the test of time.
Architectural Highlights and Design Features to Look Out For
As visitors make their way through One Vanderbilt, they will be struck by the building’s impressive architectural highlights and design features. One of the most prominent features is the grand entrance, which welcomes guests with a soaring 55-foot ceiling and a stunning art installation by Kenneth Snelson. The lobby also features a massive illuminated art piece called “Grow,” which showcases the building’s commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship.
Another highlight is the Skyline Terrace, a lush outdoor space on the fourth floor that offers stunning views of the surrounding skyline. The terrace features a variety of plants and trees, including a grove of mature birch trees that create a serene atmosphere in the heart of Midtown Manhattan.
One of the most iconic design features of One Vanderbilt is the Summit Observation Deck on the 59th floor, which offers unparalleled views of the city from over 1,000 feet above street level. The deck features floor-to-ceiling windows that provide 360-degree views of New York City and beyond. For those seeking an even more thrilling experience, the Skybox on the 77th floor offers a unique perspective with a glass-floor balcony that extends over the edge of the building.
Finally, the building’s sustainable design features are also worth noting. One Vanderbilt was designed to achieve LEED Gold certification and incorporates a variety of sustainable features, including a rainwater harvesting system, high-efficiency mechanical systems, and energy-efficient lighting. Visitors can appreciate the building’s commitment to sustainability while also enjoying its exceptional design and breathtaking views.
Buying Tickets for One Vanderbilt's SUMMIT
For a hassle-free experience purchasing tickets for One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT, we recommend buying them through our affiliate partner, GetYourGuide.com. Here’s why:
Why We Recommend GetYourGuide.com for a Hassle-Free Experience:
- Free Cancellation: GetYourGuide offers free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance, so you can change your plans without worrying about losing your money.
- Reserve Now & Pay Later: You can secure your spot at SUMMIT without paying anything upfront, keeping your travel plans flexible.
- Variety of Starting Times: GetYourGuide offers a variety of starting times for SUMMIT, so you can choose the time that works best for you.
- English-Speaking Hosts or Greeters: GetYourGuide provides English-speaking hosts or greeters to guide you through the experience, ensuring that you have a smooth and enjoyable visit.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: GetYourGuide offers wheelchair accessibility for SUMMIT, ensuring that everyone can enjoy this unique attraction.
To purchase your tickets through GetYourGuide, simply visit their website and select the SUMMIT experience. From there, you can choose your preferred date and time and complete your reservation. With GetYourGuide, you can rest assured that you’ll have a hassle-free and enjoyable experience at One Vanderbilt’s SUMMIT.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does SUMMIT One Vanderbilt offer skip-the-line tickets?
A: No. SUMMIT One Vanderbilt doesn’t offer skip-the-line tickets. You cannot buy fast track tickets beyond timed-entry.
Q: What is SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is an immersive, multi-sensory art experience located at the top of One Vanderbilt, a modern landmark in New York City. Visitors can ascend 93 floors to experience breathtaking views of the city, as well as curated art installations and interactive exhibits.
Q: How do I buy tickets for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: You can buy tickets for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt through the activity provider, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, or through their affiliate partner, GetYourGuide.com.
Q: How much do tickets cost for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Ticket prices for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt vary depending on the time of day and day of the week. Tickets can range from $45-$55 for adults.
Q: What is included in the ticket price for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: The ticket price includes admission to SUMMIT, all indoor immersive art experiences, access to “Apres” eatery & cafe, and sunset admission times. Access to “SUMMIT Ascent” (highest level) is also included in the ticket price.
Q: How long does it take to visit SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: The experience at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is estimated to take around 2 hours, but visitors are welcome to stay as long as they like during the opening hours.
Q: Is SUMMIT One Vanderbilt wheelchair accessible?
A: Yes, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is wheelchair accessible, ensuring that everyone can enjoy this unique attraction.
Q: Are there any age restrictions for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: There are no age restrictions for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, but it is recommended that visitors with vertigo exercise caution. Children under the age of 5 do not require a ticket.
Q: Can I cancel my reservation for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Yes, you can cancel your reservation for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Q: Can I reschedule my visit to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt? A: If you miss your scheduled time slot, rescheduling is subject to availability and a rescheduling fee, as well as a possible ticket price difference.
Q: What should I wear when visiting SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Visitors should dress appropriately to avoid unwanted exposure on glass and mirrored floors. It is recommended to wear pants, shorts, or tights when possible, and comfortable shoes are recommended. Sunglasses are also recommended for the outdoor observation deck.
Q: How do I get to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Entry to SUMMIT is through the main concourse of Grand Central Terminal, which is easily accessible by car, MTA subway, bus, and LIRR/Metro North commuter rail.
Q: Is there a dress code for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: There is no formal dress code for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, but visitors are advised to dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
Q: Can I bring food or drinks into SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: No, food or drinks are not allowed inside SUMMIT One Vanderbilt.
Q: Is photography allowed inside SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Yes, photography is allowed inside SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, but tripods and other professional photography equipment are not allowed.
Q: Are there any special events or experiences offered at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Yes, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt offers a special evening experience called Air at Night, which includes an LED light show, music, and cocktails for purchase at the 93rd floor bar.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of people allowed in SUMMIT One Vanderbilt at once?
A: Yes, there is a limit on the number of people allowed in SUMMIT One Vanderbilt at once to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all visitors.
Q: Is there a gift shop at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: Yes, there is a gift shop at SUMMIT One Vanderbilt that offers a variety of souvenirs and merchandise.
Q: Are there any special discounts or promotions available for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt tickets?
A: Discounts and promotions for SUMMIT One Vanderbilt tickets may be available through the activity provider or affiliate partner, so it’s always worth checking their websites for current offers.
Q: Can I bring my pet to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt?
A: No, pets are not allowed inside SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, with the exception of service animals.
Incident at One Vanderbilt – Temporary Closure of Summit Ascent Experience
Recently, an incident occurred at One Vanderbilt in New York City, resulting in the temporary closure of the Summit Ascent Experience. On March 21, 2023, the building experienced shaking due to maintenance work on an exterior elevator, causing concerns among workers and visitors. The Ascent Experience will be closed until March 26, and no tickets will be available during this time.
According to a building representative, there was no danger to the building or its occupants, and no one was injured during the incident. The FDNY also confirmed that they received a report of a stuck elevator but closed the call without any further incident.
While the Ascent Experience is temporarily closed, regular tickets for One Vanderbilt are still available as usual. Visitors can still enjoy the breathtaking views and experiences offered by this iconic New York City attraction.
Update April 3: One Vanderbilt’s Elevator experience, SUMMIT Ascent, remains closed.
Update April 12: One Vanderbilt’s Elevator Experience, named SUMMIT Ascent, remains closed.
Update April 25: SUMMIT Ascent remains closed.
Update August 7: Summit Ascent is still closed – all other observation decks and experiences remain open.