The United States is a vast and diverse country, with each state and region offering its own unique culture and attractions. Whether you’re looking for a bustling city break or a peaceful countryside retreat, understanding the public holidays and school vacations can help you plan the perfect trip. Here is a guide to the key dates and vacations in the US:
Public Holidays in the US
The US has several public holidays each year, which are observed throughout the country. Here is a list of the major public holidays in the US:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 15: Presidents’ Day
- May 31: Memorial Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- September 6: Labor Day
- October 11: Columbus Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 25: Thanksgiving Day
- December 25: Christmas Day
Please note that this is a preliminary list of public holidays in the US and is subject to change. It is always a good idea to double-check the dates with a reliable source before making travel plans.
10 Must Do Activities in NYC
Best time to visit Hawaii
School Vacations in the US
The school vacations in the US vary depending on the state and the level of education. Here is a general idea of the school vacations in the US:
- Winter holidays: typically in the last week of December and the first week of January
- Spring holidays: typically in the last week of March and the first week of April
- Summer holidays: typically in June, July, and August
- Autumn holidays: typically in the last week of October and the first week of November
Please note that these are just estimates and the actual dates of the school vacations in the US may vary depending on the state and the level of education. It is always a good idea to check with your school or the local education authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Planning your trip to the US? Keep these public holidays and school vacations in mind to help you find the best times to visit. Whether you’re looking for a festive vacation or a quiet getaway, there’s something for everyone in the US.