Navagio Beach, also known as Shipwreck Beach, is one of the most iconic and photographed beaches in the world. Located on Zakynthos Island in Greece, this beach is famous for its crystal-clear waters, white sand, towering cliffs, and the mysterious shipwreck lying in its middle. If you’re planning a trip to Zakynthos, visiting Navagio Beach should be on top of your list. This blog post will guide you on the best way to get to Navagio Beach from Zakynthos and what to expect when you get there.
This post contains affiliate links.
Five reasons to visit Navagio Beach when you are in Zakynthos
Stunning Scenery 🏞️: Navagio Beach, also known as Shipwreck Beach, is one of the most photographed and iconic beaches in the world. The crystal-clear turquoise waters, the white sandy beach, and the famous shipwreck Panagiotis make it a breathtaking and unique landscape.
Adventure Activities 🚤: From boat tours to snorkeling, there are plenty of water activities to enjoy. The boat tours often include visits to the Blue Caves and other attractions around Zakynthos, making it a day full of adventure and exploration.
History and Mystery 🚢: The shipwreck itself, the Panagiotis, is shrouded in mystery and there are several stories about how it ended up there. Visiting the site gives you the chance to see it up close and learn more about its history.
Natural Beauty and Wildlife 🐠: The surrounding area of Navagio Beach is not only stunning but also home to a variety of wildlife. From the Monk Seals to the Loggerhead Turtles, it’s a great spot for animal lovers and those interested in marine life.
Picture Perfect 📸: The view from the cliffs above Navagio Beach is one of the most famous views in the world. It’s a must-see spot for photography enthusiasts and a great place to capture memories of your trip.
About Navagio Beach
Navagio Beach is located in the northwestern part of Zakynthos Island. It was made famous when a ship named Panagiotis, believed to be a smuggler’s ship, washed ashore in 1980. Since then, the beach has become a popular tourist destination, attracting thousands of visitors every year. The beach is only accessible by boat, and there are several tour options available for visitors.
How to Get to Navagio Beach from Zakynthos
To get to Navagio Beach from Zakynthos, you will need to take a boat tour. There are several tour providers available, offering different packages that include a visit to Navagio Beach and other attractions around the island, such as the Blue Caves.
Tour option 2: One-day small group tour to Navagio Beach, Blue Caves, and Top View
- Duration: 7 to 9 hours (approx.)
- Pickup offered
- Offered in: English
- Price: From €52.00 (September 2023 price)
This tour includes a visit to Navagio Beach with a boat and a chance to enjoy the beach for more than an hour. You will also visit all blue caves inside with a glass-bottom boat and have the chance to swim in the blue crystal waters of the area. Additionally, you will have the chance to enjoy the panoramic view of the Navagio shipwreck beach and make a lot of amazing breathtaking photos.
Tour option 2: Zakynthos Island: Navagio Shipwreck Beach & Blue Caves Tour by Abba Travel Zakynthos
- Duration: 7 – 9.5 hours
- Pickup included
- Live tour guide: English
- Price: Check availability for pricing
This tour includes a guided minibus tour to the northern landmarks of Zakynthos, including the Navagio Viewpoint. You will also board a glass-bottom speedboat and visit the famous Navagio Shipwreck beach and Blue Caves. The tour includes swimming in Xygia natural spa beach, capturing unique shots in front of and above the shipwreck on Navagio beach, and admiring the stunning landscapes of Bohali hill and Makris Gialos beach.
What to Expect
- Crystal-clear Waters and White Sand: Navagio Beach is famous for its turquoise waters and white sand. It’s a great spot for swimming and relaxing under the sun.
- The Shipwreck: The shipwreck is one of the main attractions of the beach. You can walk around it and take pictures.
- Towering Cliffs: The cliffs surrounding the beach offer a breathtaking backdrop for your photos.
- Blue Caves: Depending on the tour you choose, you may also visit the Blue Caves, which are another popular attraction in Zakynthos. The caves are famous for their stunning blue color created by the reflection of the sunlight on the water.
Things to Consider
- Book in Advance: Navagio Beach is a popular destination, and tours can sell out quickly, especially during the high season. It is recommended to book your tour in advance.
- Bring Essentials: Make sure to bring all the essentials such as sunscreen, water, snacks, a camera, and a towel. Some tours include lunch, while others do not, so make sure to check beforehand.
- Respect the Environment: Make sure to respect the environment by not leaving any trash behind and not disturbing the natural surroundings.
Navagio Beach is a must-visit destination when traveling to Zakynthos. With its crystal-clear waters, white sand, and the famous shipwreck, it offers a unique and unforgettable experience. Remember to book your tour in advance, bring all the essentials, and respect the environment. Enjoy your trip!