Avoid-Crowds.com' Crowd forecast
Public holiday in destination country: No
School holidays in destination country: NO
Cruise passengers in (nearby) ports: NO
Local events: NO
School holidays in the following countries: Winter/sport school vacations across Europe
Cruise ships in port: NO
5 Islands Day Trip with Blue Cave Entry
Split Walking Tour
Split is a popular tourist destination located on the Adriatic coast of Croatia. The city is known for its historic center, which is home to the Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The palace was built in the 4th century and is one of the best-preserved Roman structures in the world.
Split’s peak tourist season runs from late spring to early September, when crowds can be large and hotel occupancies are high. To avoid the crowds, the best time to visit Split is during the shoulder season, which is typically in May or September. During these months, the weather is pleasant and the crowds are smaller than in the summer.
In addition to the Diocletian’s Palace, there are plenty of other things to do and see in Split. The city is home to a number of museums, galleries, and churches, as well as a number of parks and green spaces. There are also many restaurants, cafes, and bars in Split, offering a wide range of Croatian and international cuisine.
Nearby, you can visit the beautiful islands of the Adriatic Sea, such as Hvar and Brač. These islands are known for their stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and charming villages. There are also a number of national parks in the region, including Krka National Park and Plitvice Lakes National Park, which are home to a variety of flora and fauna and offer opportunities for hiking, swimming, and other outdoor activities.
Overall, Split is a great destination for tourists looking to explore the history and culture of Croatia, as well as enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings. By using our website to plan your trip, you can travel smarter and avoid the crowds, making the most of your time in this amazing city.
- May or September are the best months to visit Split if you want to avoid crowds and high hotel occupancies.
- During these months, the weather is pleasant and the crowds are smaller than in the peak tourist season (late spring to early September).
- The shoulder season is also a good time to find good deals on accommodation and flights.
- If you do visit during the peak tourist season, try to book your accommodation in advance to get the best rates and availability.
- Alternatively, consider staying in a nearby town or village, which may be less crowded and offer a more authentic Croatian experience.
- Keep in mind that the weather in Split can be quite hot and humid during the summer months, so be prepared with sunscreen, hats, and light, comfortable clothing.