About our series on Luxury Train Rides
Embark on a journey away from the usual tourist crowds and into the world of luxury train travel. This isn’t just transport, but a lavish and immersive experience that takes you through spectacular landscapes in utmost comfort and serenity.
Think of five-star hotels on wheels, complete with gourmet dining and personal butler service, offering multi-day adventures with fascinating off-board excursions.
Luxury train travel spans across continents, whether you’re exploring North America’s vast landscapes, the awe-inspiring Andes, or Europe’s rich history. Leading the way are operators like Belmond, Golden Eagle, and Rovos Rail.
Join us as we spotlight the world’s best luxury train travels. Prepare to embark on an extraordinary journey of a lifetime.
Luxury Trains in other countries:
Why You Should Consider Taking a Luxury Train Ride in Japan
Nothing compares to the feeling of embracing the soul of Japan while traveling in pure luxury. Here’s why you should consider taking a luxury train ride in the Land of the Rising Sun:
- Unmatched Luxury: From beautifully decorated rooms to top-notch dining experiences, Japanese luxury trains are designed to provide the highest level of comfort and luxury.
- Cultural Immersion: Each journey offers you the chance to explore Japan’s rich culture, history, and natural beauty.
- Unique Experiences: With a variety of inclusive and optional excursions, you get to visit historical sites, take part in cultural activities, and explore scenic landscapes in a unique way.
- Hassle-free Travel: Forget the stress of planning; everything is taken care of for you, from accommodation to meals and excursions.
What to Expect on Your Luxury Train Journey in Japan
Accommodation and On-Board Facilities
Expect to be pampered with elegant and comfortable rooms that feature an en-suite bathroom, comfortable bed, and large windows offering panoramic views of the surrounding scenery. Common areas like lounges and dining cars are designed with an exquisite sense of aesthetics, ensuring a relaxing journey.
Daily Schedule and Menu
A day on a luxury train journey in Japan begins with a delicious breakfast in the dining area, followed by an excursion or free time to relax on the train. The afternoon and evening continue with delectable meals featuring the best Japanese ingredients. The dining experience is a highlight, boasting a menu that showcases regional specialties and seasonal delicacies.
Each journey offers various excursions, both inclusive and optional. Depending on the train route, you could visit historical shrines, tour famous factories, take a helicopter ride over national parks, or visit popular zoos. It’s not just about reaching the destination; it’s also about the journey and the experiences along the way.
Information and Service
All information on board is provided in both Japanese and English, ensuring every guest can enjoy the journey and excursions. Expect top-notch service from a dedicated crew that goes above and beyond to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Booking and Popularity
Due to the popularity of these luxury train journeys, it’s recommended to book several months in advance. Booking can be done via the respective train’s official website or through a travel agent.
- The Shiki-Shima luxury train is a popular choice among travelers. For booking details, click here.
- The Seven Stars in Kyushu journey is a much-loved trip that often gets fully booked months in advance. To book your spot, visit this section.
- Twilight Express Mizukaze is another coveted luxury train experience. For information on how to secure your tickets, follow this link.
- The Royal Express journey is in high demand due to its exquisite European-style design and top-quality dining experience. For booking details, click here.
Route and Train Options
Embark on a three-day, two-night trip through northern Japan, passing through scenic landscapes and visiting famous tourist spots like the Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Sapporo Beer Factory, and Otaru Canal.
Seven Stars in Kyushu
This four-day, three-night journey takes you through the southern island of Kyushu, showcasing attractions like Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Miyazaki, and the scenic beauty of Aso.
Twilight Express Mizukaze
Starting in Kyoto and ending in Shimonoseki, this three-day, two-night journey takes you through the scenic areas of western Japan, including the Sea of Japan coast, the Seto Inland Sea, and the mountainous Chugoku region.
The Royal Express
This two-day, one-night journey begins and ends in Tokyo, passing through scenic areas such as the Kiso Valley, the Japanese Alps, and the Izu Peninsula.
Luxury train travel in Japan is more than just a journey; it’s a one-of-a-kind experience that blends comfort, luxury, culture, and scenic beauty. Whether you choose the Shiki-Shima, Seven Stars in Kyushu, Twilight Express Mizukaze, or The Royal Express, you’re in for an unforgettable adventure. So why wait? Start planning your luxury train journey in Japan today!