The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a modern and dynamic country located in the Middle East. With its stunning desert landscapes, luxurious resorts, and vibrant cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the UAE is a popular destination for tourists and travelers. Understanding the public holidays and school vacations in the UAE can help you plan the perfect trip. Here is a guide to the key dates and vacations in the UAE:
Public Holidays in the UAE
The UAE has several public holidays each year, which are observed throughout the country. Here is a list of the major public holidays in the UAE:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- May 1: International Workers’ Day
- July 18: Al Isra’a wal Miraj
- August 11: Eid al-Adha
- August 21: Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday
- September 24: Eid al-Fitr
- December 2: UAE National Day
Please note that this is a preliminary list of public holidays in the UAE and is subject to change. It is always a good idea to double-check the dates with a reliable source before making travel plans.
Best time to visit Dubai
Skip-the-Line at Burj Khalifa!
School Vacations in the UAE
The school vacations in the UAE vary depending on the level of education and the emirate. Here is a general idea of the school vacations in the UAE:
- Winter holidays: typically in the last week of December and the first week of January
- Spring holidays: typically in the last week of March and the first week of April
- Summer holidays: typically in June, July, and August
- Autumn holidays: typically in the last week of October and the first week of November
Please note that these are just estimates and the actual dates of the school vacations in the UAE may vary depending on the level of education and the emirate. It is always a good idea to check with the local education authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Planning your trip to the UAE? Keep these public holidays and school vacations in mind to help you find the best times to visit. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious beach vacation or a cultural exploration, there’s something for everyone in the UAE.