Norway is a beautiful and vibrant country located in the Scandinavian region of Europe. From the stunning fjords and mountains to the vibrant cities of Oslo and Bergen, Norway has something for every type of traveler. Understanding the public holidays and school vacations in Norway can help you plan the perfect trip. Here is a guide to the key dates and vacations in Norway:
Public Holidays in Norway
Norway has several public holidays each year, which are observed throughout the country. Here is a list of the major public holidays in Norway:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- May 1: International Workers’ Day
- May 17: Norwegian Constitution Day
- December 25: Christmas Day
- December 26: Boxing Day
Please note that this is a preliminary list of public holidays in Norway and is subject to change. It is always a good idea to double-check the dates with a reliable source before making travel plans.
Norway's Essential Travel Guides
Norway's Best Things To Do
School Vacations in Norway
The school vacations in Norway vary depending on the region and the level of education. Here is a general idea of the school vacations in Norway:
- Winter holidays: typically in the last week of December and the first week of January
- Spring holidays: typically in the last week of March and the first week of April
- Summer holidays: typically in July and August
- Autumn holidays: typically in the last week of October
Please note that these are just estimates and the actual dates of the school vacations in Norway may vary depending on the region and the level of education. It is always a good idea to check with the local education authorities for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Planning your trip to Norway? Keep these public holidays and school vacations in mind to help you find the best times to visit. From the stunning fjords and mountains to the vibrant cities of Oslo and Bergen, Norway has something for every type of traveler.